Day One in Taiwan
After hours on the plane (we took a connecting flight from SG to HK and from HK to Taiwan), we finally arrived in Taiwan at 1830hrs. I think I am coping better with the ride..the anxiety seemed a lot better..
I have been looking forward to this trip for the longest time. The past 3 months has been exhaustive planning for the Pilot Plant Opening. It feels so great to go on this holiday. The icing on the cake was the company i'm getting for the trip. There are six of us joining the 2 who are working in Taipei.
We took the Evergreen bus, which cost us NT135, to Bus Stop No. 5. We has assumed that Alan will be waiting for us at the bus stop but we did not see anyone there when we arrive. Bummer no.1. But we eventually found our way to his place anyway.
After resting for a bit and after collecting our vehicle for the night ( a 8-seater that we rented for NT2800 plus NT400 for insurance), we set off for a much-awaited karaoke session. Before that we bought some snacks, including cold sesame sauce noodles, some fried chicken and soup. After that we sung our lungs out and left the Party World KTV at one plus to pick up Huizhen & Peiru who went to Wufenpu to shop somemore. They were here 2 days earlier and had done their share of shopping since then).
The plan for the night was to head to Maokong for tea but they commented that it was kinda late so we headed back to Alan's place. Bummer No.2. Now, bummer No.3, there were 9 of us and there were only 2 proper beds/futons..so how were we to sort out the sleeping arrangements? Well, just put it this way, Jeff & I slept on Alan's bed sheets lined with his cushions as pillows. I kept my padded jacket on and wore Alan's socks to sleep.The floor was freaky hard and cold so I ept tossing and turning thenight. But thank God when I woke, I didn't have the back ache that I was expecting.
We arenow waiting for the rest to wake up and go for breakfast before we continue with th day's itinerary - Yehliu, Jiufen & Keelung...the weather looks good, cooling with sunshine.More on today's programme later..ciaoz.
After hours on the plane (we took a connecting flight from SG to HK and from HK to Taiwan), we finally arrived in Taiwan at 1830hrs. I think I am coping better with the ride..the anxiety seemed a lot better..
I have been looking forward to this trip for the longest time. The past 3 months has been exhaustive planning for the Pilot Plant Opening. It feels so great to go on this holiday. The icing on the cake was the company i'm getting for the trip. There are six of us joining the 2 who are working in Taipei.
We took the Evergreen bus, which cost us NT135, to Bus Stop No. 5. We has assumed that Alan will be waiting for us at the bus stop but we did not see anyone there when we arrive. Bummer no.1. But we eventually found our way to his place anyway.
After resting for a bit and after collecting our vehicle for the night ( a 8-seater that we rented for NT2800 plus NT400 for insurance), we set off for a much-awaited karaoke session. Before that we bought some snacks, including cold sesame sauce noodles, some fried chicken and soup. After that we sung our lungs out and left the Party World KTV at one plus to pick up Huizhen & Peiru who went to Wufenpu to shop somemore. They were here 2 days earlier and had done their share of shopping since then).
The plan for the night was to head to Maokong for tea but they commented that it was kinda late so we headed back to Alan's place. Bummer No.2. Now, bummer No.3, there were 9 of us and there were only 2 proper beds/futons..so how were we to sort out the sleeping arrangements? Well, just put it this way, Jeff & I slept on Alan's bed sheets lined with his cushions as pillows. I kept my padded jacket on and wore Alan's socks to sleep.The floor was freaky hard and cold so I ept tossing and turning thenight. But thank God when I woke, I didn't have the back ache that I was expecting.
We arenow waiting for the rest to wake up and go for breakfast before we continue with th day's itinerary - Yehliu, Jiufen & Keelung...the weather looks good, cooling with sunshine.More on today's programme later..ciaoz.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home